Every beginner afraid of the application publishing process. Don’t be scared, it not like a crazy horse. You can adept the Google Play. Starts with creating a store metadata checklist that will help you to avoid any missing information needed to be provided before hitting the submission button. Let’s start -> here is your guidance to start with
- Title – 30 character
- Short Description – 80 character
- Full Description – 4000 character
- Graphic Assets – At least 2 screenshots are required overall. Max 8 screenshots per type. Create another metadata checklist for screenshots only.
- Minimum dimension: 320px and maximum dimension: 3840 px
- The maximum dimension of your screenshot can’t be more than twice as long as the minimum dimension.
- 320×480 or 480 x 800 px, or 480 x 854 px or 1280×720 px or 1280×800 px (Suggested)
- 7 inch Tab>> 600×1024, 10 inch Tab>> 1600×2560 (Suggested)
- Hi-res icon – (512 x 512, 32-bit PNG with alpha) – this image is for displaying in Google Play Store. It should match the icon in your app.
- Feature Graphic – (1024 x 500, JPG or 24-bit PNG with no alpha)
- Promo Graphic – (180 x 120, JPG or 24-bit PNG with no alpha)
- TV Banner (Optional) – (1280×720, JPG or 24-bit PNG with no alpha)
- Daydream 360 degree stereoscopic image (Optional) – (4096 x 4096, JPG or 24-bit PNG with no alpha)
- Promo Video (Optional) – Use the full YouTube video link
- Application type – Application / Games
- Category – Select your app category
- Content rating – You need to fill a rating questionnaire and apply a content rating.
- Website (Optional)
- Phone (Optional)
Pricing & Distribution
The right business model for your app will balance your goals with your target market’s expectations. There are several business model out there -> Free Model, Freemium Model, Subscription Model, Paid Model and Paymium Model. Learn more Consider choosing your business model before you start developing your app so that you can build it seamlessly into the user experience. Follow your metadata checklist for business model. Set your app/game price according to your business model.
This application is (Paid/Free) – Select your model
- Family Library (if checked) – Once you update your app’s Family Library setting and submit an update, this setting can’t be changed. Learn more
- Pricing template – Create a pricing template if you want to reuse it later on.
- Price – Add a default price that will generate local prices in other countries depends current exchange rate and country-specific pricing patterns. It can be adjust at any time. Learn more
- Free – Setting the price to ‘Free’ is permanent. You cannot change it back to ‘Paid’ again after publishing. Learn more
App Availability – Shows your current status of your app. When your app overcome the submission process then it will show you two more option (PUBLISH/UNPUBLISHED). You can then publish or unpublished them from here.
Countries – select “Available” checkbox to select all countries. If you have other plan, play with manual selection.
Primary Child-Directed – if your app/game is not directed towards children under the age 13, select “No”. I used to check the option “No”.
Contains ads – If your app has Ad network integrated, select “Yes”.
- Wear OS by Google (Optional) – if your app compatible with with Wear OS, then go for the proper guideline. Otherwise ignore this one.
- Android TV (Optional) – no action needed.
- Android Auto (Optional) – no action needed.
- Daydream (Optional) – no action needed.
- Designed for Families – If your apps/games designed specifically for kids and family audiences. Then need to enable this option. Otherwise no action needed there.
- Managed Google Play – Organizations and schools use managed Google Play to choose the apps available to their staff and students. If not, no need to take action.
- Marketing opt-out – if you do not wanted to promote your app outside Google Play and in any Google-owned online or mobile properties then check this. Otherwise no need to take any action.
- Content guidelines – need to check this. This means your app meets all the content guidelines. Let the box unchecked, you can not proceed to submit your app. Learn more
- US export laws – need to check this. This means you agree to complied with United States export laws. You can not submit your app without check this. Learn more